1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with Lawn, Please.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by RoboMike, Jun 23, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Bermuda also fills in from where it germinates, unlike cool season grasses. Do think about your neighbors, though. The only way to keep bermuda in your yard is with concrete walls, even then the stolons will find openings or work under footings that are not deep enough. Zoysia is even worse for working its way through concrete.

2. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

I have a landscape company, they can mow it.

I have full sun in my entire back yard.

3. greendoctor

Most landscape companies do not know how to properly mow bermuda. They think they are cutting cool season grasses or want to believe that the equipment acceptable on a rye, blue, fescue mix will work. I do know that a good 25" or 27" reel will do the job on a half acre lawn.

4. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

sorry that was supposed to be a 25 lb bucket. Local Lesco dealer..

I don't think Massey will be able to help you.. you know they charge $60 plus for an average 2500 sq yard per app so guess what your 21K sq is gonna cost.

5. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

Geeze....

Ok, guess I'm gonna build a professional version of my robot lawn mower :usflag:.

6. greendoctor

While you are at it, build a robot boom sprayer capable of applying up to 5 gallons per thousand. That is what is going to be needed to keep whatever grass you choose as grass and not a hayfield.

7. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

Lol ... for weeds or for water?

8. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

lol don't take anything anybody says on here seriously anyways.. this is just a place for us all to vent and speak our minds without "losing" a customer.. lol anyway.. try a couple of pro's... take their advice and tally it up.. whichever options wins, do that..

9. RoboMike

RoboMike LawnSite Member

Lol :) It's all good.

10. greendoctor

For weeds, insects and fertilization. Water comes from a properly set up and operated irrigation system. Not venting or BS ing