Need help with Lawn, Please.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by RoboMike, Jun 23, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

3 Quarts RoundUp ProMaxx, 16 oz Fusilade, 32 oz Turflon ester. Say adios to the common.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Won't this smoke the hybrid its mixed with?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. I hate the look of common Bermuda too. But for the OP purpose, it's his best bet. St Augustine that will be "played on" will just turn to weeds. Nothing but a waste of money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. greendoctor

cga is talking about destroying an area that consists of common. He once wrote me about an area that had a few sprigs of common in his hybrid. Guess it is not just a few sprigs any more. Otherwise, there is no control for common contaminating hybrid. You will have to ensure total destruction of the common. Can't use Basamid or Vapam any more.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, won't this smoke the hybrid? If you tell me no I'm on it. I was going to go around the area with an edger and kill everything inside the edged area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greendoctor

When common is fed with about 1 lb of N per month and mowed at 3/4" with a reel it does not look bad if that is 100% of the grass. It will not look good if it is mixed with other grasses, mowed high and/or full of weeds.

7. greendoctor

Edging the area to cut off the stolons is your best bet to minimize translocation of this mix. It is much hotter than RoundUp alone.

8. cgaengineer

Different house, different lawn...I got this lawn looking the best it's been in 5 years this season. What was to the far left...beyond the limits of the sod was left bare ground. What filled this area is common Bermuda...it has now crept into the original sod which is hybrid and left some very large nasty when mowed at 5/8" with reel mower areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. greendoctor

Time to edge it off, then kill it.

10. cgaengineer

I thought this was my best plan of action. I was thinking about doing 1' at a time and allowing hybrid to fill in...I'd estimate the area to be around 20-40 sq ft.
    Posted via Mobile Device