Need Help With Lesco Elec. Spreeder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TURF BUDDY, Sep 29, 2004.

1. TURF BUDDY

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

I Hope Someone A Has A Solution, I Have Mounted A New Lesco Spreader 80-lb Capacity, To The Front Of My 44in Cub Cadett Zero Turn. The Problem Is In Close Quarters It Throws Out To Far. I Would Like To Slow It Down Some. Some One Suggested A Reistat Switch . It Works Good Out In The Open Areas, But Along Flower Beds, Driveway, Sidewalk, I Get Alot Of Waste Any Other Ideas Out There. Thanks

2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

How bout a flip down deflector, like on the older PG centri's, Im sure someone good with a welder can make one easy enough.

before I got my PG's I used the truckster, and loved them, I just let it fly and always cleaned up after myself with a back pack blower

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Turf Buddy

Lesco makes a defector for the push truckster and it will fit the electric truckster by drilling only one hole.

They also have a remote Third Hole for the Electric Truckster.

I have both on my electric Truckster and feel it works great. Getting a little fertilizer in the beds won't hurt unless you are applying weed and feed. Yes you must waste a little material for the ease of applying with sit down equipment. Automation Costs.

4. TURF BUDDY

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

GUYS THIS THING IS SPINNING SO FAST , IT THROWS IT OUT TO OVER 15 FT. IT HAS A 5.2 AMP MOTOR. i TRIED THE REISTAT SWITCH IDEA AND IT DID SLOW IT DOWN BUT IT BURNED UP IN LESS THAN A MIN. I NEED ONE THAT CAN HANDLE THE AMPERAGE. I TRIED TO DEFLECT TH FERT BUT IT JUST FLYS OUT TO THE SIDE A LESCO REP TOLD ME ABOUT THE REISTAT SWITCH . jIRCO HAD THEM BUT TOO EXPENSIVE , 100.00 I THOUGHT ABOUT A DIMMER SWITCH OUT OF A CAR. ANY OTHER IDEAS OUT THERE THANKS