need help with letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Drew Gemma, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I just took over the rights to roughly 40 accounts and we plan on sending out a letter stating who I am and what is going to happen. What should I put in the letter and what should be left out. Any suggestions and thought would help thanks. Have already started to transition some clients over so far all seem very happy.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would make sure to have the previous person send out the letter. Or even better have him take you around to meet the customers

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Good advice tideman if possible if you want to keep all forty I would try to keep the price the same for a least the first year or two thats is if the prices are were they should be .I did that with some plowing accounts I got from a friend of mine and it worked out.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget to get a "will not compete" letter signed by the seller

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I did with another LCO, I sent out a letter, even called up customers to explain the situation. I told the customers they didn't have to go with them, but I highly recommend it. Also we tried to keep the price same for customers for at least the first year, I think.

Last time I knew I think he still has 7 out of the 8 customers that I gave him. The 1 left because of price (but they always complained about price).

7. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

my suggestion would be to try and meet as many of the customers as you can and give them a full detailed list of what to expect from you. Try to make each and everyone of them comfortable with the fact that you are a proffesional and do excellent quality work ... Make them feel they have nothing to worry about and your services will be even better than the last or your sevices won't be bad like the previous contractors ... c