Need help with lettering a Red Trailer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firefighter Dave, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

I want to letter my red cargo trailer this year. I want to know if anyone has any pictures they can share or what were the best colors they used.

Thanks,
    Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

How about some of that pretty gold 'foil' type lettering that I've seen on fire engines? Those seem to look great on red vehicles.

3. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

We had a 48' red car trailer. Dupont Paint was the sponsor. This billboard(trailer)had all the colors in the Dupont rainbow. Solid white letters,letters trimmed with another color,letters on white background,and a full size picture of Dupont funny car. All done in vinal.Go to a vinal letter shop and look at pictures.

4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

My logo is on a red backround.White oval with black outer trim.White letters with black outer trim and greyshading in the center so it looks like chiseled in stone.

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea what the title of the thread was, but someone on here had a SWEET red trailer, I think with Yellow words, I think the dude was from Florida or California.. He bought the trailer, I think custom made, I think it was a dual axle, rear gate, side gate.. All speced out.. NICE..

But I can't tell you where it is on the website. <G>

Gary

6. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on the color red. I would use a flashy silver. A LCO around here uses those colors and looks very sharp.

7. doa

doa LawnSite Member
    from Est. TN

lettered a red truck with a teal-green and white border sounds Kinna funky but looks pretty good kinda christmas colors and different can send pic. if you like.

8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Black letterring with a gold trim around it. A guy around here has that on a deep red truck, kind of like the new chrysler wing emblem, it looks sharp as s***!
    BlingBling!

9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest anything but Red letters:blob3:

10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I painted my rims on my mower gold. It is all black with the gold painted rims with chrome tire valve caps.

That's as bling bling as I can go.