Need help with mulch bid....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gstros2, Jan 8, 2008.

1. gstros2

gstros2 LawnSite Member

I need some professional advice on this bid I am putting in for a resturant. It is 11 yards of red mulch with the price per yard being 40$ and also this restaurant needs their shrubs trim and there is 50 small shurbs. So I ask you what should my price be?

thanks!

2. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 LawnSite Member

Is that $40 per yard your cost for the mulch? If it is i'd double the price per yard to install and then figure out how long the shrubs would take and add that it the total costs!

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Send me your tax returns, this years financial statements, an overhead disclosure, and your desired profit margin and i can help.

4. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

If i had to take a guess it would prob be around $975 $60 dollars a yard for the mulch installed if you are cleaning the beds its got to be more money.

5. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

you should be getting your mulch for under $20 if your not you should find a supplier .

6. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

Definately $40 per yard is too much. 60-70 dollars/yard to lay the mulch and 200-250 for the shrubs it works out between 4-6 dollars per shrub depending on size. of course your estimated man hrs. as well. Do you Have to edge it also?

7. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

I would double the price of whatever you pay for the mulch to install the mulch and then charge $3-$5 depending on how big the shrubs are. If you do that you should be just fine!