need help with mulch bid.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnwizards, Apr 14, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

o.k. i went out and did my measuring. there are over 30 different beds that need the old mulch removed and replaced with new mulch. i came up with 16737 square feet that needs mulch. anyway, how much would you charge for this job? i have an idea, just wanna see what you all would charge. thanks.

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

10k and rent a blower and blow it in after the prep work.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Will you be re-edging the beds too? And why does the old mulch need removed?

4. lawnwizards

well, the old company that did it became cheap and put in some really ugly mulch that the customer didnt like. thats why they want it removed. it doesnt look as though the beds have ever been edged so i guess i'll submit 2 bids, one with edging and one without.

5. lawnwizards

funny how everyone will tell how much they charge, (see mulch pricing thread) yet they wont touch my thread. wonder why?

6. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

people don't like repeating themselves. the thread is right there, just go through it and look.

7. lawnwizards

my thread isnt a general what do you charge for thread. i laid out the details to see what people would charge and to help me better understand if my quote is reasonable or not.

8. Isobel

true, but in the other thread people stated their per yard charge--generally a flat fee.
    You said you have 16737 square feet.
    At 2" that would be about 103 yards.

Do some multiplication, and figure out what the other guys are charging--unless of course you get some other replies to this thread.
    :)

9. lawnwizards

tell me this, they want all the existing mulch removed and then replaced with new mulch. will 2" be thick enough or should i go higher?

10. Isobel

2 should be fine, depends on how much is coming out of course