Need help with my biz name!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeneakers04, Sep 20, 2004.

1. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, as some of you may remember I posted a poll awhile back about what I should name my business. I decided to go with Green Eakers Lawn Care (my last name is Eaker, pronounced like "acre"). I have my business cards all made up ($20), have passed out quite a few flyers ($35), and all of invoices have said this all season. Apparently I am very indecisive, because today I thought of a pretty cool name. Being Green Eakers, it seems that there is only so much creativity that can be put into advertising, logo, etc. The name on my mind is The Lawn Genius. Or Lawn Genius. I kinda like it, I am picturing some sort of green egghead with glasses as my logo. Kinda silly, I know, but it seems like more could be done with it. My wife doesn't seem to be a big fan of the new idea, so I wanted to get some input from the fellas.

2. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Well this would be the time to change if your going to do it. It sounds like you have very little money invested. I like the name "Lawn Genius" and the creative thought of the egg head. I didn't know how to pronounce your last name until you prounced it. I think anyone who knows how to read will be able to read Lawn Genius" You have my vote:

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

If I had to do it all over again, I would choose an icon of somesort and build the name around that. Something like "Green Gorilla" and use a green gorillla as your incon. Sometime ago someone came up with the name of Green Zebra and had broadside pic of a zebra with his head looking forward. I found it.....it has always stuck in my mind. Anyway, you get the idea. Choose a pic and name someone can remember easily.

green zebra logo1[1].jpg

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If you can live up to the name.... go for it.

I like... GreeneAkers

5. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

It amazes me how much thought and rethough, and thought again that people put into a business name! Progressive has the right idea, something that you will notice, and not forget! I like the Green Gorrilla idea that a good one. I also like names that have a little bit of resect built into them. Something with some class, it makes selling your product that much easier.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I came up with "Ground Hog" because i could use a ground hog as a logo,even had the logo done,then someone said that it had a bad ring.like we are pesky like the animal,to bad I liked it.

7. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

You could just change it to "Green Acres" :eek:

Branching out.....

8. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

you better be prepared to answer a lot of technical quesstions.
    Get the right answers for a name like that :help:

9. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I like your name id say keep it :cool2:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would CERTAINLY not go with a name like "lawn genius". That would be sort of like "lawn genie", or something. I had to get a grin out of Eric's comment. For some reason, when he said groundhog, I was thinking of "Yaardvark".