need help with name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rudeboy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

if any of you have any good nam eyou would like to share that i could use for my lawn care service let know i thought about student lawn care or something like that but i want something that will stand out

2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

It is ultimately something you will have to decide. I personally do not like "Student Lawn Care" it just doesn't sound professional to me.
    Good Luck I have wanted to change mine and have not been able to come up with anything that I truly like.

3. mielnicki

mielnicki LawnSite Member

Use of your last name is common practice. It eliminates duplication and eliminates any problems when you file with the state for your vendors license.
    Mark:usflag:

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

sticks and stones landscape services

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL. Sticks and stones....

there are tons of post about this,,, short and sweet, true most use there last name.... there is NOTHING that will STAND out....
    as far as resarch, studies have showned that when Most people look for ad's they go through the list. " what ever list there looking for" " yellow pages and such" they never pick the 1st one on the list. nor the last.....

ya wanna be about 3rd...Honestly you have to be carefull about the name game..... think about who your are targeting, and do research for YOUR TARGET AREA ..... in my area there are about 7 to 10, co's all with the name of Gomez, Juhn, and such..... that's Y when I ran my ad's I also put in my 1st name by my phone number.... People in MY area are tired of not beabeling to talk to there lawn service......

And remember, If you have ever eating Ms' SMITH'S PIES.........I wanna break this to you gently.........there is NO MS SMITH......

so Mr Greens lawn co. is a good name,

it says GREEN = like grass, and it starts with a "G" abought 4 to 5 th on a list in the phone book...

Good luck, who ever your gonna call yourslef.....

6. hess

hess LawnSite Member

The G.G.C The Green Grass Clippers

7. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

ok i wont use stundent lawncare ill think of somthing hopfully

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhhh Crap,,, are you in Kingwood? Houston ?

9. rudeboy

rudeboy LawnSite Member

why you saying aww crap yeah i am next to Houston

what about Fox Lawn Care

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Fox sounds Great,

you being in Kingwood should have no problem, your up there where all the money is.

I did some work for the METRO " GOvernment work" we had a park and ride there in Kingwood.
    I have been trying to get the Metro contract.....

sorry "ahh CRAP " is just one of my words. I didn't realize you were so close to me.
    Great to have someone here that's close.