1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help with new mower.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dtelawncare, May 5, 2006.

1. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

I posted this issue and got lots of feedback. I bought a 52" 23hp Lazer Z last Sept. Ever since I have had it, the front left wheel spins around whenever I go up hill and when I start forward. I have checked tire pressure, tire circumference, and the frame seems to be level across the front arms. Do I need to take this mower to my dealer?? I don't know what else to do.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for writing in.

It sounds as though the caster pivot nut wasn't tightened enough. It's pretty easy to set this, and it should be looked at, along with greasing the pivot annually.

First raise the wheel in question off the ground. Now pull the grease cap off of the pivot hub (I use a straight screw-driver and to get under it and then twist the driver to pop it up). Using a 1-1/8" socket tighten the nut until the spring disc washers below are compressed, and then back off a 1/4 turn. Or simply tighten until when you spin the caster pivot it only makes about a 1/2-3/4 revolution.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

3. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks, I will definately try that. I asked my dealer and he said it was normal and many of them do it. ?????????