Need help with older Toro Zero-turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grasscape Inc, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

We purchased an older Toro Zero-turn as a back-up machine. It is about 10 years old. Proline 724-Z. It is the older style with large foot platform and ballon tires. VERY similar to the Dixie Chopper. Maybe a Dixie set of books would help. I THINK they are Eaton Hyd pumps. I am curious if anyone has any books on this machine or know where I may find some. I need to know which hydralic fluid it uses as well where to get common maintenance items for it and the Onan engine. If you know of anyone who owns one of these, if you do, or know whre I can get more info please help me out.
    thanks!

era.jpg

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I saw that mower on eBay....I put a bid on it. Sorry can't help you, but it looks like it could be a nice mower with a little TLC!

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, they were made by DC for a few years. Check your PM box.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I replyed on the other forum check it.
    Eric

5. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

hello i have the same exact mower and the guy i bought it from told me it takes straight 30 weight for hydraulics and as far as parts j- thomas carrys a lot of parts for the machine almost all parts interchange with dixie chopper

6. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

forgot to ask how many hours are on the machine and if you dont mind how much did you have to give for it

thanks

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

so those older toros were red dixies. learn something new every day. wish id known that little tidbit a long time ago.:)

8. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Go on the Toro website, type in the model and serial # and a list will come up of manuals you can either download or buy. ;)

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here is the link, just click on it and type it in. You will find the model and serial number possibly either by the seat or by the engine frame I'm guessing.
    https://lookup2.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm

good luck,
    Eric

10. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

This info has helped immensly! Looks like 30WT Oil for the hydros unless someone with a Dixie can chime in and let me know what they use as well. I ordered the Jthomas catalog for parts. itwill need a choke cable and oil/filters right away. This thing has a chain drive!

I am also going to plug the info in to TORO website to see what I can get.

Thanks again for the great help, keep it coming