1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

>need help with plan of attack

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bkdlawnCo, Oct 9, 2006.

1. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

>ok here's the deal, i've been doing a bunch of small things this year like 6 accounts all above $35 a week...some hydroseeding and other things...I would really like to jump in and get into the full time gig. I was wondering what you guys think is a good plan of attack. I have all the equipment i need, so when is a good time to start with the flyers and how many should i need to get up to about 15+ accounts next season. I know it's kind of a weird question but let me know
  2. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i would say start in march, i don't knw how many either thats a problem i always have trouble figureing out.
  3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i would go with the flyer technique like i tell everyone else thats how we started and we still do a small number of fliers each year to grow but the are good for just starting also dont rule out a part time job to help with expenses and incase you dont get enough to go full time heck i still have my part time job towing one night a week from 3 years ago