1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with price

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by agrostis palustris, Aug 3, 2002.

1. agrostis palustris

agrostis palustris Banned

I need to give a second price for a job. The first price I gave was for using soil conditioner. This price shall be for bringing in soil. I have to work about 15,000 sq ft. I would be bringing in 150 yards of a very sandy loam. The sandy loam will cost me $35 per yard. Before I can spread the loam I have to spray the whole area with round-up and break it up with the owner's excavator. The sandy loam then needs to be spread to a uniform thickness of about 3 inches. I then will need to till the sandy loam into the soil profile. I must then apply grass seed and starter fertilizer as well as straw. Cost for seed is $110 per 50 lb bag of L perenne Cost for salt hay is $13.00 per bale. Cost for starter fert is $135.00 for the amount needed. Any thoughts as to how much to charge for this job?