Need Help With Pricing/Estimating Guide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LandscapeMember, Apr 12, 2004.

1. LandscapeMember

LandscapeMember LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Group…

I also posted this in the "Just Starting a Business" forum... I know it is a big request, but it will help members in the future. Instead of a member asking how much should I charge for mulch? How much for sod? I scrolled the past 30 days and there are 10 different questions about mulch and 8 about sod prices. They can reference this thread, instead of weeding through 30-60 days of threads.

I have been working in the landscape industry for years. More of a weekend helper, part time. I am starting a company and need help with pricing.

It seems a lot of pricing and estimating information is scattered throughout different forums. If we have one post with it all in one place I think it would be great for new and existing members. This site and members are the best by far… I have been to about a dozen sites the last couple of weeks.

We can use this guide for many new landscapers and some veterans who need help with estimates. I will list services and if you can fill in the prices. All these prices are under the impression it is normal residential and commercial conditions. Nothing crazy like steep hills and other obstacles. I will take everyone’s pricing and average them out and repost all the averages.

Services:
    (Please add it I missed any services)

Lawn Care:
    Pricing for mowing, trim and edging
    - Residential
    - Commercial
    Thatching
    Aeration
    Sod Installation
    Hydroseeding
    Power Seeding
    Tilling

Hardscaping:
    Installation of Patio Pavers
    Installation of raised patios with pavers
    Face Price per square foot for retaining/nursery stone walls (normal and difficult grades)

Ponds:
    Installation of the plastic tub ponds
    Installation of a natural pond with rock and rubber mats
    What is the cost of Koi?

Mulch:
    Price per yard installed
    Blown mulch price per yard installed
    Price per bad installed

Rock:
    Price to install River Rock/big rock in mulch beds
    Walkway small stone installation (not pavers)
    Slate installation

Irrigation:
    Pricing per square foot

Soil:
    Install a yard of soil
    Price for making a new bed approx. 10x3 with a centerpiece tree

Lighting:
    Installation of low voltage lighting

Spring/Fall Clean-ups:
    Price per man hour

I am not sure if any members build decks. If you do, the price per square foot for wood or composite. How much upcharge for a second story deck.

Thank you for taking the time to fill in some or all of the pricing questions.

2. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

Where can I find the information you just asked about?
    where's the thread?
    great questions, I'm in the same boat!

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I wondering, where is the thread

4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I'll send what I have but you should know that there are a lot of regional variations, depending on topography, economy, soil types, and so on.
    If you are serious about this one spot check, alow space for the variations.

5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

If I am reading the original post correctly, he is saying there are too many threads when you do a search, and is asking for people to reply to this thread with pricing for all of their services. He will then compile and post an average that people can later access.

6. LandscapeMember

LandscapeMember LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Turf Medic... You are right, that is what I am asking. I have not received any info to post a master list. I am starting my own personal guide, as soon as I get some member input, I will make an average guide.

Ax Man... Do you have a price guide already made?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

oh, know I see, that is cool of you to do

8. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Bump................

9. ddcontracting

ddcontracting LawnSite Member

Did you find any info yet?