need help with pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by msauter, Jun 17, 2005.

1. msauter

msauter LawnSite Member

i'm doing a summer project for a woman in the area who i've worked for in the past. however, i have always worked inn the past with someone else, and don't know what i should be charging. he was the one that did expenses...i'm just the labor. could somebody help me with making a quote?

she wants a few things done:
    -two terraces (retaining walls) built on a moderate/steep slope. they will be approximately 10 feet in length, with lots of space between the 2 of them. these would most likely be built out of dry, stacked rock.
    -a tree is to be removed. it is just a sapling, and about 6 inches around. some of the roots are exposed and the soil around it is soft.
    -there is a VERY small creek (maybe 5 inches deep), through which rain water runs off of a nearby street. it splits into 2 paths, and she wants one filled in.
    -the remaining creek path is to be deepened and widened.
    -she would like me to install a flagstone path, and it would span about 23 feet in length.
    -she wants some grass removed
    -a small area on the edge of the creek needs to be filled with gravel and bordered by boulders

i don't know how much to charge for labor, etc. if anybody can help me price this, or refer me to a cost guide, that would be really great. thank you very much! i didn't know where else to find out.