Need help with PRIMO MAX.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HenryB, Apr 14, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Can someone tell me where I can buy this online? My local Lesco dealer wants over $600/gallon.
  2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

You can expect to pay about that no matter where you buy from. Primo Maxx is a very good product but I don't know why you would want to use it for lawn care. It is a growth regulator and will cut down on your mowings. I used it in the golf course industry religiously, but that was to make a denser turf on grass that was cut from 1/2" down to 1/8".
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Liquid string trimmer!
  4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I'd be careful buying chemicals over the net. It might be illegal in your state. You also don't know how old ths tuff is, how it was stored, etc. At least at lesco you know it wasn't stored outside in the cold. As far as $600 goes, Primo Maxx is about the only game in town, so they gotcha. PBI Gordon makes a PGR for turf which is good, but expensive also
  5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

$600/gallon is insane. The Agency price is $371.50/gallon.

Email me.
  6. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

I will end you all you want for $500.00 gallon and it works great.
  7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

any one every try proxy?
  8. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used but I know a few superintendents in your area that use it for poa seed head suppression. All growth regulators work good, it just depends on what results you are wanting. Primo is a G.A. inhibitor so it promotes horizontal growth and root growth.
  9. golfguy

golfguy LawnSite Member

I am currently on a proxy trial up here in hopes of getting the product registered in Canada.