Need Help with Routing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by drowland, Jun 15, 2006.

1. drowland

drowland LawnSite Member

We have approx 100 residential yards and work off of Quick Books. We manually write out each yard we mow every day and then enter these into Quick Books at night for billing purposes.

We are looking for a hand held device like a palm pilot that is compatible with Quick books where we can enter each cut in the palm pilot then give it to my wife every night and it will download into Quick Books. Does this device exist? How does everyone else solve this time consuming projuect? Help

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I think You Can download GOPHER into a palm pilot but im not sure about QuickBooks. I heard that someone i think it was GLS (Ryan) had tried to use a palm pilot for the reason you wanted to but he said it was just a big mess and i think he now uses his laptop and takes it with him in the truck. Id get a laptop and you can get like a mounting board like the cops have in their cars and then you can keep track of all that stuff in the computer while out in the field. Hope This Helps! -Mitch-

3. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I use CLIP for routing and scheduling and it interfaces with Quickbooks for invoicing. I know CLIP has a module for use on hand held devices but I don't use it so I can't help you in the area of how user friendly it is. Maybe check out there website.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Lol...that's nice but im not getting paid enough for our serives for alll that.

5. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol. I know im saving up for a laptop and proboably get a laptop board and when i get my truck that will be the first thing i will put in it. -Mitch-:dancing:

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to www.alocet.com and check out Qxpress, it is a scheduling program.
    I have been using it and the palm for about 4 years now and it is a real time saver.
    It integrates perfectly with quickbooks.
    And the support is awesome!!!!!!

7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Lumberjack

Lumberjack LawnSite Member

You mean your not getting paid to sit and push paper around by hand....

If your charging 60.00 an hour how much sitting around and pencil pushing does it take before the little convieniances become profitable? 5 minutes at 20 accounts is an hour a day you could spend mowing or better yet at home doing something for you. A laptop would pay for itself in two weeks....

Just a thought.