Need help with this bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birddseedd, Apr 1, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

yea i noticed that watching hte video. most of the trash is actually on the next property (going up the hill). but ill have to go through and pickup what is on this side.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

It looks like its maybe 20ft on the left thinning to a few feet on the right. I'd be at 120-150. Hard to tell by looking at it and knowing the garbage rate too. I just signed a smaller version of your bid property and they have so much garbage because of Walmart on the side and across the parking lot there's a buffalo wild wings
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's what I was going to say.

Who's responsible for the cleanups? Parking lot islands and surrounding areas are always full of trash. You'll spend more time cleaning them up than mowing them by far if you have to do it weekly.

4. birddseedd

150 was what i was thinking.

what would you charge for plowing? its about a 3 hour job.

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

My 5 man crew would have that done in 20 minutes. I'd charge $57.28 per cut and 2.3 cents per piece of trash I had to pick up. I'd plow it for $25hr. I'd probably have 5 trucks with plows going.

6. birddseedd

do you mean 57.28 per crew man?

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Per cut as stated.

8. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

1. With the islands that would all be mulched, I wouldn't mow that and fling grass everywhere. If the guy doesn't want grass on the lot and blown real good :) the best way to do that would be to not get grass on the lot to begin with.

2. That plaza would be mowed at about 7 am eveyday before there is a car in that lot. What a b*tch it would be to mow around those cars in those islands. Not to mention the risk of throwing debris trimming or mowing.

3. What kind of equipment do you have? Z's walkbehinds?

I say I would bid that job at about 80-100 bucks. A lot of BS work. Small areas, lots of trimming and edging. I'd rather mow three open acres than do 10 freaking islands.

9. birddseedd

the islands are annoying. even plowing. they arnt mulched.

i have 1 zero (assuming a new hydro pump will fix it) and 1 48" walk behind. I would actualy be using the walk behind more since i can get it up to the islands.

10. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

no grass mulched... like not discharged out the shoot. Mulch kit on a mower. It recycles the grass and doesn't shoot it everywhere. If you take a walkbehind up on those islands you'll be spraying grass and debris everywhere. Dinging it off cars and creating a hell of a mess to clean up.... costing time.