Need help with this bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by birddseedd, Apr 1, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i see what you mean. a simple metal plate adapted for my grass catcher mount on my walk behind would do that. im not sure it would be perfect but would definatly safe lots of work.

and this is a great selling point since this is specificlay what he wanted to avoid.

2. TFLE

TFLE LawnSite Senior Member

I seriously would sell him on that and the fact that you'll be there when nobody else is there. As for the plowing I would probably pass on that. That's a big lot and unless you have two trucks ready to go there is no way I'm touching that. If it's one of your only accounts maybe. But if you have one truck and it goes down your f'ed. Plus that's alot to do with bagged salt if that's what your working with. You could go through tons literally of bagged salt and if your don't have the 1000 bucks a month to buy it that could be a problem.

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the square footage of the mowing part

4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

lol, was fixing to say.. i know times are tough but come on.:laugh:

5. birddseedd

did not measure it. but i think its a bit more than that. there are lots of places where you have to load and unload the mower from the curbed island. i can go over the video and try to get an estimate. iv been to the property plenty of times to get it close

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

i see what you mean. a simple metal plate adapted for my grass catcher mount on my walk behind would do that. im not sure it would be perfect but would definatly safe lots of work.

You guy that don't know what you're doing crack me up. A mulch kit isn't as simple as a metal plate.

7. birddseedd

its also something that is not going to be available to purchase for a 30 year old bobcat walkbehind

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

The island issue: just hire a part time guy and give him a 21". Don't hire an idiot either. I wouldn't take a big walk behind on any of those islands. You won't spray grass all over and spend 2 hours blowing grass.

If all you have and can afford is a 30 year old walk behind your not making enough money or spending it on dope or gambling.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. birddseedd

I do have a 21 inch.

my bobcat was the first mower i bought. it worked well when i bought it and works even better now. Frankly it makes better lines than my 2002 toro z master

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

$150 for cut/blow
    $25 for trash cleanup
    $175 for summer

20-30k per season for plowing/salting, That place will take you longer than 3 hours to plow, especially if shoveling is involved ;)