1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Help with tree??????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING, Aug 11, 2007.

Whats up everyone I have a guy that called me today that has a root from his tree thats growing out of the yard on top of the grass and wants sod layed, He wanted to know if i come do sothing ....So i told him i would get back to him after i find out if i can the root out with out harming the tree or maybe i should just build up dirt on top of it ....???? Whill it kill the damn tree????? Whats up?? what should i do and HOW $$$$$$$$ Can i make ???
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

its probably a silver maple and the roots do just that. you could cut the root, and you could dump soil over them but a change of attitude would be better. Instead of slowly killing the tree by removing feeders or smothering them, plant some Hosta and Ajuga and put an inch of mulch down. or build a bench around the trunk...