need help with wording on contract

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by green thum, Mar 26, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:blob3: I'm fairley new to this biz(9 months)and have gotten 5 or so of my residential accounts to go with year round maint.my question is what do u guys think of the following wording for the cust to sign?i dont want it to sound to official for fear of them declining svc.
    I.......agree to pay par 4 lawn care the sum of ...........a month for the above servicesfrom........to........ either party has the option of ending svc with a 30 day notice.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ours is witten something like this...

All work is guaranteed to be as specified and performed in a workmanlike manner.
    Any additions or changes from above quote, involving extra costs, will be performed only upon written
    orders, and will become an extra charge over and above the estimate.

FOR THE SUM OF ($ ) ------------------------------------

PAYMENT TO BE MADE AS FOLLOWS:

SIGNATURE

ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSAL

The above prices, specifications and conditions are satisfactory and are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work as
    specified. Payment will be made as outlined above.

Accepted _________________________________________ Signature____________________________________

Date ____________________________________________ Signature ___________________________________

The arrangement is a little screwed up, because the way it pastes onto this forum.

3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the name of your company. You obviously have great taste. :D

Vic Cundiff

Owner, Par 5 Lawn Care

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I'd write something up and take it to an attorney...cost you around 150-200 bucks but it is well worth it...imo.