need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ftw_lawncareguy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ftw_lawncareguy

ftw_lawncareguy LawnSite Member

well this is my first year in business so far so good im having a little trouble with some of my clients not paying? i do their yard bout 2-3times everything ok and then they just hide not wanting to pay , i call no answer i go knock no answer what can i do to get my money i mean its like 35 bucks but still

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

If a t first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Seriously.

3. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

You may want to consider a formal service agreement that spells out when you will be paid. As you grow you will want to be getting paid by check in the mail. You will not want to waste time collecting physically. So get contract together and start billing monthly.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Make a bill, Send it to them, Tell them that there lawn service has been suspended untill payment is made, Also include, A reminder of the city rules.

I had a client that wouldn't pay, it was up to 150.00. I suspended there lawn service, then about a month later the City came out and mowed there lawn and sent them a bill for $300.00..

5. ftw_lawncareguy

ftw_lawncareguy LawnSite Member

thanks for the help

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, leave a bill.
    After a cut goes unpaid for some time, I add:
    Prompt payment ensures continued service.

And I ALWAYS (well almost) get paid :)