Need help ?????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by guven, May 15, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

my problem is I do not have any trailer to do my lawn care business better because I do not have place to put my trailer, I use my tacoma4x4 for everything, carrying stone 3/4 ton and mulch 3 yards.I have 48'' bobcat but it is sitting in my drive way and I use 33 '' billy goat finish mower and push mower all my mowing jobs.I use wooden ramps to put the mower in truck ,I want to keep going like that but like this I dont look like pro. what can I do, I have to keep working without trailer or I have to buy trailer now, I am from Turkey and I have been living here almost 3 years. I have insurance and company to do eveything legal
    my tacoma 4 clinders and if I buy 5x10 open trailer , is it ok or what can I do
    thanks

2. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

If you have no place to put your trailer then why are you going to buy one? It sounds like you might be in between a rock and a hard place.

If a trailer will work for you and you can afford one then buy it. I am not sure I understand how the question could be answered any differently. Oh well..........

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you need someplace to store equipment , or another line of work.... maybe rent a storage space...this is a equipment based business, and you will need more stuff as you go....

4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Are you still living at home with parents and they use the garage? Are you renting and dont have a garage? Are you saying that your equipment sits outside in the driveway fulltime. I would definetly get a storage unit if all above is true. Good Luck!!!!

5. Landscapes-r-us

Landscapes-r-us LawnSite Member

I agree with renting a storage unit. I rented an 8x12 unit and the storage place is just right around the corner from my house, like 2 or 3 minutes away and I just back the whole trailer in at night and pick it up in the mornings, saves me A TON of time loading and unloading every night to take the equipment out of the rain or to prevent theft.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

On that note you do need an enclosed space, do NOT rent a place where you can leave your trailer sitting outside.
    No, not even if it's fenced in.