need help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by A&M Landscaping, Sep 25, 2006.

1. A&M Landscaping

A&M Landscaping LawnSite Member

What certifications do you need to get to have to be a landscape contractor.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Here it goes mostly by municpality, most have no requirements, others only insurance, some bonding. One requires a Home Improvement Contractor#, alot of it depends on where you live and what excatly you will be doing. Example since hardscaping is construction you could need to pass certain state testing similar to a plumber or electrian, if doing lawn/tree applications you will certainly need a pestcide liscence.

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of time it aries from state to state. I live in Md. and carry a home imp. lic. from state of md. I border Pa. and w.va.and work in those 2 states also. W.va recquires a licence thru there lic. dept. Pa. to my knowledge does not recquire any thing. How ever the part of Pa. i border is very rural and i do very little work there. They might install new lawn and that is it, than they really dont care what kind of grass as lond as it grows with in 2 years. All based on location.
    Mike