Need Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jun 17, 2001.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

I got 4 logos can you tell me what ones you like best and where on a t-shirt they should go

2. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

3. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't load the last two for some reason, but the first two I would have second thoughts about. First, the poor tree looks like it's been hacked on by someone who DEFinitely didn't know what they were doing in heading back a tree. I'm sure you don't do work like that, so you surely don't want to give even the SLIGHTest impression of a butchered landscape. Also, the shagginess of the grass around the tree looks as if the tree hasn't been trimmed around for a month. Again, it's just that slight little (even possibly subconcious) impression that can really draw people into question not just about giving the job or not, but about price as well. Where did you find that tree, anyway? There are ALOT of nice trees out there available for copy for logos. Now, please don't take this as insult, because that is the LAST thing that I would do or intend. Also, have you considered a different letter style for your name? Your letter style in the first one looks pretty good, but with a name like Coleman, (which by the way is a COOL name to have especially for this industry) I think I would SERIOUSLY be considering the same letter style as Coleman camping gear. Now, you talk about some familiarity and some good thoughts when that name is seen! That's the kind of "association" marketing that gets things sold! It's all positive impression, and that about as positive and quality oriented as yiou can get. You wouldn't necessarily have to use the red background for the logo, that's not what I am saying, but the letter style would DEFINITELY send a subliminal association message. Copyright infringement issues? No. Not if your name is Coleman, and afterall, your NOT using there logo. (remember? stay away from the red) You just happen to have a similar letter style. Companies and corporations do it all the time. Good luck with it!:cool:
  5. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Thanks Runner
    I like some one who tells it like it is I will ask the kid that made it for a diff tree and fix some other stuff
  6. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I really like the first one best,But the tree needs some work.
    Don't forget to add phone # somewhere
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I couldn't load 3 or 4 either. But of the others, I like #2. I don't think most people will pay that much attention to the tree, but I guess it couldn't hurt to look for something with a little better shape.
    As far as where on a shirt, go with a small one on the front chest over the pocket (if no pocket, then put it where the pocket would be).
    Then a big one of the back.