Need Help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Newby08, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

I am starting a new lawn care company this spring in north Georgia and I am needing some help. It will start out as a regular chem lawn company but the ultimate goal as of now is to turn it into an all organic company. If you have any info or insight I would appreciate all.
    I also am needing help with the general stuff of starting a chemical company. I owned my own Maintenance company for a few years and still have a majority of the equipment scattered around. I have a large spreader, and many small ones, and an open landscape trailer. Right now I'm thinking a utility type van would be a good vehicle to run out of rather than a truck and trailer. I've seen a lot of companies around with these special made Isuzu type trucks and was curious of what the advantages/disadvantages of those might be compared to a van or truck and trailer.
    I worked for a chemical company for a summer so I have little knowledge of how things are run. From what I could see it didn't seem to be much more complicated than just putting down the right amounts of chemicals at the right times of the year. I'm sure there are exceptions and I am the first to tell you I don't know all the answers.
    If you could help me in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Newby08

OK, hope that first wasn't too long so heres a condensed version. I am starting a new chemical lawn care company in north west Georgia. I have limited equipment from my previous maintenance company and am basically needing to know what I need as far as equipment and supplies. Where the best place to buy these items are and so on.
    Any help would be nice. Of course there is more detail in the first note.

Thanks for any help.

3. Newby08

hey, im also not exactly sure how to bid in this area.

Thanks again