Need Help.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RYDER, Mar 21, 2008.

1. RYDER

RYDER LawnSite Member

Witch fertilizer is better to use liquid or granule? And what brand? I used Scott's granule with weed and feed and still had a lot of weeds.

2. RYDER

RYDER LawnSite Member

Come on no one has any advice for me.:cry:

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you used the granule weed and feed and it didn't work....are you maybe answering your own question?

Yes liquid weed control works better!

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Liquid= weed....Granule= feed. This offers the best results and the most economical way to reach those results. Rarely are they interchangeable. Just my opinion.

5. RYDER

RYDER LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

So a granule type isn't any good for weeds? Do you need a license to spread granule fert? If so, why? Harry homeowner can buy the same stuff at Lowes and spread it without a license.

7. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Granule for pre-M is fine, as long as it gets watered in.... any other herbicide should be sprayed IMO. Granular post emergents can work for Harry Homeowner if he follows the label directions, and wets the lawn before applying, but it still isn't as effective as spraying.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Granular formulations for the most part miss clover and don't work very good.

Foliage must be wet and also the prill size can make a BIG difference on congtrol. Larger granules just bounce off!

Yes...anytime you are applying ANY pesticide to anyone's lawn other then your own you must have a license.