Need help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jasonsp1853, May 21, 2008.

1. jasonsp1853

jasonsp1853 LawnSite Member

I have been mowing lawns for a while but not much landscaping. I have a client who wants 100 feet of border around her flower beds, landscapers paper laid down in them and 5 yards of rock laid in the beds. the flower beds wrap around the front and one side of the house. Can someone please give me an estimate or a ballpark figure

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Just charge by the hour, those jobs are hard to tell how long they would take without taking a look at it. And when you charge by the hour, make sure you cover all of your expenses and still make some money.

3. abclawncare

abclawncare LawnSite Member

what type of border does she want thats an important part of bidding this job. same with the rock, you have stone that is priced at 36/yd and 120/yd and above, weed paper is barley any thing thats not the money maker you could almost giver her that. there needs to be alittle more info before i could give you a ball park figure.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

get a cost list and post it, then tell us an estimated time for labor and how many men