Need help?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Apr 19, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I started my first full week of mowing and ran across a problem with both my br400 and echo srm2400sb. I did all my spring clean ups with them and they worked fine. I recently bought gas and bought a 5 gallon mix for my 5 gallon safety can i use. Every account i got too, borth the blower and trimmer were rough starting, and i had to stab the throttle and lightly ease into it to get them up to speed. any suggestions on what is wrong? could it be bad gas, or something wrong with both of them? both have been serviced and got new filters plugs etc..... any ideas? i asked someone else, and they thought maybe the motors were binding up? ive run 50:1 mix in them from day one with no problem.

2. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

Sounds like bad gas to me.I had it happen to me.Dumped all the gas out(can/machines)got new gas.What a difference it made.Hope this helps.

3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Lot of times we but the edgers and trimmers in the back of the truck bed, the sun heats them up and its rough starting(kind of runs like it on choke )But just play with the choke some and smooths out.Just an idea.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

they were in direct sunlight sitting in the trailer, but ive never had this happen before. i think i may just dump all the gas out to be safe. thanks