Need Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Floridalandcare, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Guys I got a big problem . My yard is all St.Augustine but now I'm getting Bermuda and carpet grass in areas . I have been pulling it out by hand and its getting too much. I'm not a Licensed Applicator (though I do have my limited license) Any suggestions on what I should do ,

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Well, if its for your personal lawn, you can probably put down whatever. My suggestion is Fusilade II, I dont know if it will get the carpet grass, but it will the Bermuda.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Floridalandcare

Florida Law doesn't let you treat Lawns with a limited pesticide license. Call 1-850-921-4177 or go to Florida Website and look up Chapter 482 of Fla. Law.

Since Asuloxs is no longer labeled for residential turf one can not kill carpet grass selectively. Pro-grass only suppress Bermuda and will not control it. Therefore, legally one can only do a total kill out and re-sod. Under the law you can not apply Roundup and Fusida II to the turf with a limited license to do a total kill out to any yard but your own. It takes four applys 2 weeks a part to get Bermuda grass. In fact under Florida Law you can not even apply Roundup to Cracks in the driveway to kill weeds, only weeds in the planter beds. State inspectors will overlook the driveway thing, but it is law. I have seen fines as high as $3500 but $5,000 is max for first timers.