Need Honest Enfo!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GroundControlLawnCare, Feb 3, 2007.

1. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

No Bs, What Is The Best Method Of Advertisement.postcards Doorhangers,signs,or Newspaper Ads?

2. jinx 88

jinx 88 LawnSite Member
    from ozarks

I know a lot of lawn maint. guys and I read the papers. I never see any advertisments. I don't know what everybody else does but all of my advertisment is word of mouth. If you do a good job people will find out who you are and how to get in touch.

Hope this helps some,
    jinx

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I gained 17 accounts from the newspaper last year. In the service directory, and a classified ad.

This year I am doing Newspaper, Doorhangers, and Money Mailer. Money mailer is one of those packs of coupons that you get, they really popular in my area.

4. the undergraduate

the undergraduate LawnSite Member

Whatever type of advertising you do... be sure to use spell check before you print thousands of copies.

5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

That is good advice. Words like "lose", a word meaning to misplace something that many folks here spell "loose". It is used so often on this site that some people honestly think that's the way it is written!! , or "advice" meaning words of wisdom that shows up as "advise" which is closely related to advice but means the action of giving advice ... and it goes on and on.

how you spell is how you are judged. :)

6. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

Thats some good "enfo" LOL

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

There are many ways to advertise. What you need to do is find out which way works the best. In doing so, track how much you spend on each way along with the results you are getting from those. The results will tell you which way you should be spending more money towards and which ways aren't as good.

8. IowaLawnEnforcement

IowaLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

Fliers are an excellent way to get customers, but you have to get out there and pound the pavement, knock on doors, be creative in your presentation of your lawn care business, and never make a promise you cant keep, even if you think you can keep it something always goes wrong.

9. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

:weightlifter: Besides that, i asked about advertisement info .

10. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

I live in a pretty big town and only one lawn business advertises in the newspaper...... i dunno how the other ones get their customers.... guess it is word of mouth :\