Need Indiana source for Patio stone

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Loganwildman, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Loganwildman

Loganwildman LawnSite Member

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

There are a few companies around that specialize in stone. I think Indiana stone company may be one check yellow book or yellow pages for sure. Eagle Creek Nursery has a decent selection as well as some pond stores. Aquatic creations or something in Mooresville might too.
  3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

The blues look a lot like regular full color bluestone. It's probably not the same stuff, but looks a lot like it.........

I doubt you will find that specific stone here in IN, I have yet to see it (though that may not mean much!). Your best bet is probably to either try to get some direct from the supplier (VC Stone), or find something that matches closely.

Try: Wrede and Sons (believe they are based in Monticello, but have another location in Lafayette, don't have their phone #), Earth Products in Indy (317-786-7980, ), Garrity Stone in Indy (317-546-0893), or Stone Center (317-849-9100, ).

Hope it helps!

4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

u can try Greendale mulch and mix. they have a lot of stone everytime i got there they are in Mooresville too
  5. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I think I saw a couple of skids of a very similar stone in Garritys yard Friday.
  6. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

clarks garden center/stone depot Ford heights,Il
    it is south of chicago i am in northwest in. and it is only 10 min from me. they have stuff that looks like that. beats going all the way to indy
  7. Loganwildman

Loganwildman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, I will tuck the names and addresses away for future reference.

I was able to get the stone direct from Vengeance Creek for 40% of what Menards wanted :cool: and through a friends work, I was able to get the 13000 lbs I needed shipped up for a super deal. I was able to save almost $3k! :D