Need Info: New Holland LX665 Hydrostatic Turbo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tnmulchblower, Apr 25, 2007.

1. tnmulchblower

tnmulchblower LawnSite Member

Need Info: New Holland LX665 Hydrostatic Turbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at purchasing a skid steer. I have found a 1998 New Holland LX665 Hydrostatic Turbo with 3800 hrs for 8500.00. Have always used Bobcat or Caterpillar. Any information from anyone having either used,or own would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I have never owned one but been around a few and I can honestly say you cannot go wrong with a New Holland. The design they have has been around forever. Really they just are not that many weak areas on them. I think the only thing hurting them now is because they just have not come out with anything new other than pilot controls. They use to be allot of New Hollands around here but now the dealer is about 40 minutes away so allot have switched to Deeres since the design is the same and they have most of the bugs worked out since the series II. The one your looking at the price sounds about right but your starting to get into some hours. It may or may not last a while. How is the boom sway on the mahine? They all have some from back when they where new.Look at all of your lubricants and make sure they are full and fine. Does the machine make any noise when you turn. Does it look like it has been abused? That is about all I can add.

3. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1999 LX665 Turbo with over 3000 hours and it has been the best machine I have ever owned. It has cost me the least money of any of the machines I have had. Dollar for dollar I put more money into my new machines than i do the new Holland. I have replaced the seat and sensor, the exhaust( because it sits out side) the starter was rebuilt last year and one hydro line. The factory battery just gave out 3 months ago when it was below 0 for a few days. I just scheduled mine to have the bushings replaced in the linkage because it is getting pretty jumpy. The dealer said that it was not a big deal and would not cost very much.
    I would make sure and take it for a test drive and then make them an offer for less and see what happens.

4. tnmulchblower

tnmulchblower LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I am currently trying out the machine,I know the New Holland Dealer well enough that he lets me try both new and used equipment before purchasing. No noises,very little sway in boom,dealer told me they replaced the motor with a new one about 1000 hrs ago. I know the previous owner and he had taken well care of the machine. Turning is quiet and very responsive. During demo,It blew a hydraulic hose while bucket was fully extended,but,got replaced and is doing fine. Will see what I can do with the price and go from there. Again,thanks for the response and the information..