Need info on Echo equipment

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Smalltimer1, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I acquired an Echo 440EVL chain saw yesterday as well as a really old PB-200 blower.

I am just curious as to their specs.

Yes, the PB-200 runs. It fired up on the second pull, and I adjusted the carb on it and it runs extremely well for its age.

The 440EVL Chainsaw hit on one pull, but the sparkplug lead is no good, and I am going to go order one tomorrow for it.

But I'm just wanting to know approximately how old these 2 are as well as what they are rated at.

I also got a Homelite Super 2 chainsaw missing the pull cord, a Tanaka trimmer and an older Craftsman 28cc blower that runs pretty good which surprised me, all of which came out of the same deal.

2. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

I run echo hedge trimmers, though the PAS 260 power source and love then, also run a few echo blowerrs, pB 603, old must be chocked out to shut off, but blows like a bastard! And a PD 651 new this year, shoulder straps much more comfortable, blows even better! Buying Echo new comes with a great warranty, starting mech on the blowers (probably other equipment as well) come with lift time coverage. I would check to see if the previous owener can give you the dealer he purchsed it from. Some dealers may fill the paperwork for you when you buy the equipment, some don't.

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

The homelite super 2, does it have one or two throttle triggers? the one with two throttle triggers is an earlier production model made from the mid 70's to around 1985. the one with a single trigger is a 90s design. both pack around 31cc motors.

On the Echo 440EVL it is a 44cc machine, built in the late 80's to mid 90s I believe. both machines are VERY good saws. if you want to PM me about the Super 2, I'd love to discuss it with you.

4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got Echo blowers PB200 and PB260 ill only ever own Echo blowers, easy to start 2-3 pulls max, probably going to upgrade to the 403 this year.