Need info on JD F-735 front mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smalltimer1, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know of a JD F-735 front mower that caught on fire that is at a JD dealer that said they would give it to me if I came to pick it up. I know it has a 20.5hp V-twin Yanmar diesel, but is it a vertical or horizontal shaft? Are the electronics hard to deal with on it?

I was thinking of rebuilding it and putting it in one a project garden tractor.

2. Smalltimer1

bump :help: :help:

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

It's a horizontal shaft. I don't think Yanmar makes a vertical shaft diesel. I'd say the wiring would be pretty hard to replace but maybe not. What caused it to catch on fire?

4. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

I would jump on it. You can always sell it for scrap, and or sell the block on ebay. :waving:

5. Smalltimer1

I believe the dealer said it was an electrical fire. I'm thinking that if the engine is mostly there that I could attempt to get it going again so I could transplant it into a JD 200/300/400 series. If there is not much left, then I will be ebaying the parts.

6. Smalltimer1

Oh by the way, if any of you need parts for another one, let me know, and I'll see if the part you're looking for is intact and I'll get back with you on it.