need info on seed types, flowers, trees, plants, fertilizer, etc.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pbillings, Oct 5, 2004.

1. pbillings

pbillings LawnSite Member

I need info on knowing all I can know about flowers, trees, grasses, seeds, fertilizers, pesticides. etc. If there are sites I can go to, to get downloads or pictures to educate me it would be most appreciated..........Thanx
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

There are alot of books on pertaining to all of these topics. Check it out.
  3. pbillings

Thanx Mo green.......I'm trying to stick with the free downloaded stuff...But, I'm still gonna check it out.....
  4. Lawnmower_Man

Lawnmower_Man LawnSite Member

hey man i just went to the local library and got a free library card. they have plenty of books u could check out and they usually let u keep em for a while. u can photo copy pages or just take notes thats what i did and it stuck in my head better. also, i take those notes with me in the truck just in case a question on wut kind of grass tolerates wear and tear better or does a certain type of grass grow better in the shade, u know stuff like that. i got lots of good info from those books like fertilizer charts and which grasses will grow better in your part of the country. u should look into that, its free!

but u actually got to read the book! :)
  5. pbillings

Thanx for your reply lawnmowerman...... I guess that is what I'm gonna have to do.
  6. Lawnmower_Man

Lawnmower_Man LawnSite Member

hey when you go look for lawn care books. there's one that's called "All About Lawns". see if they got that one its really good and has alot of if you want to learn about pruning and things like that you should look for a book called "The Pruning of Trees Shrubs and Conifers." You also might wanna look at some landscaping books if u plan on trying that part of the business. But again, you have to read the books.

No prob! I Wish ya luck in your venture!
  7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

8. pbillings

Hello Premo.....JEEZ....Yep I'll be busy...That's what I've been looking for.....I surely appreciate your time.........I see your St Louis area also..Haven't got started yet, But I'm gathering all I can during winter before I quit my job....I'm sure I'll see you around sometime........THANX AGAIN !!!!!
  9. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Great links Premo!
    (Although the last 4 seem to be the same.)

I'm wondering though, both of you are from Mo and yet no links to "" or the equal...