1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need info on taxing!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by eagelz19er, Apr 21, 2004.

1. eagelz19er

eagelz19er LawnSite Member

I am just starting up a basic landscape maintenance and install proprietorship and am looking for info. on how to tax. Do I simply file profit as income on my normal tax forms when April comes around? I don't have tons of clients so wont be making enough $ to have to file with any complicated forms. Just doing it on the side while I get my hort. degree. Thanks for any help!
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to do it legal, I would talk to an accountant, they will get you set up. All income, all expenses put into catagories and totaled. Best advice get an accountant!!!!!!!!
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi eagelz19er,

Why not set up a meeting with a local CPA and get yourself started with some good advice?
  4. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely talk to an accountant.In the meantime, keep track of all of your business-related expenses,income,etc.Good luck.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

all you have to do is file a schedule C with your typical 1040, but do talk to an accountant please
  6. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

As a sole prop. you file a schedule C as Mac said. Also check with a prof acct. There are also rules about ficticious name certificates etc. depending on state laws.