Need input about weedeater racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I want to build my own weedeater racks and maybe a blower rack, do you guys have any pictures of yours to give me an idea, thanks alot!

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

just copy the ones that are factory made.just be sure to check spacing between units before final welding.

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I would just buy one, but if you got time to do that......good luck

4. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

crafty pm me and i will tell how to do it mine cost about $20 to build

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Not worth the trouble. Just go to www.precoparts.com and buy the 3 trimmer holder for only $69. Cheapest trimmer rack you will find.

But don't let the cheap price fool ya, these are nice racks. I'm very happy with mine. Same design that Trimmer Trap uses on one of their models.

7. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks gogetter problem solved!

8. onionhead

onionhead LawnSite Member

Hey Gogetter any trouble mounting the trimmer racks from precoparts? Did you have to buy seperate mounting hardware. Thanks for your help.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yes, the mounting hardware did come with it. You just drill the holes (I think 4 bolts total).
    Although I did go out and buy lanyard parts so that I could attach spring clips. You can just use locks, which would obviously keep your stuff from walking away. But I store my whole trailer in a locked storage unit. And I didn't want to have to keep unlocking locks everytime I wanted a trimmer. So I just use the spring clips.