1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Input Losing Customers Fast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron, Oct 22, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Help
    I am losing customers faster then you can say Lawn Mower.
    right now I only have 15 clients..thank god this is a part time job for me......What can I do I just made 300 fliers and will be trying to place them out on tuesday. My main money maker had also just broke down Scag Super Z 52 in it has 1,700 hrs on it last week had to replace the exhaust system and now I have no compression,that's what the Dealer said..Should I trade this Monster in and get something better or should I just hang on to this and go for broke..........:confused: any suggestions would be great.......

5741.gif

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Why are your customers leaving you? Because your equipment is down? I think you need to look at yourself and figure out the reason, then change it. Sometime you just lose people. I lost...3 people this year. Not bad, but considering I only have 7 yards, it hurt me. It wasn't because of me, they were having money troubles..:(. Just do good work, be there when you say, and always be nice, and your work should stay with you.

Hank

3. ron

Ops Sorry
    the reason why people are leaving is because they have found someone who charges less then I do........Like example this client I had for almost one year strong said he found another LCO who charges alot less then you I charge 25.00 per cut and this LCO charges $25.00 plus cleans his pool for free.well this is way too low for me and he said good bye........there are soo many LCO'S and Low Ballers that it is not funny..Plus the weather here is cooling down and many people just want one cut per month...
    I must get some more clients..or I will have to fold....ever since my accident back in May when I fell and broke my back I had 49 clients..when I came back in July I lost everyone but since this accident I have had my machines go down and all my clients total 15 people ,then Aug 29 I had another accident this time with my full time job crashing the van and now I rebroke my back again,and now I am on workman's comp I will be going into back surgery some time in November,they will be placing cement into my vert. so it will heal... well since my accident I have been unable to pay my credit cards and my sheffield account for my new Scag 36 in w/b I need to get more clients fast or I will have to file bankrupt and lose it all.......... :confused: :cry:

4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on moving to Port Orange Florida next summer.
    I mow grass for 15.00 See ya soon.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ron,
    This is a tough one, let me think about it awhile, and see what I can come up with to help you. As far as your Scag goes, is everything else on it mechanically fine? What motor does it have on it? I have a friend here who can give you a fresh built 25 hp. Kohler and he gives you a 1500 hour guarantee for 1000 bucks. That's cheap for a new motor, and this thing is built right, and ready to bolt in. (Actually, it's built by his cousin that's his mechanic, and has a masters degree in Diesel mechanics. He did one for a friend of mine, and this friend went back and told him that it didn't run like THAT when it was NEW! Anyway, I'l get back with you on the other things.

6. ron

Ok thannks Runner Oh one other thing my web site will be going down in November,I guess that Juno will not be carring Homestead anymore.......WOW WHAT LUCK THIS YEAR......

7. ron

KDJ WHAT are you cutting for only $15.00 3x10 ft strip of grass....YOU MUST BE A LOW BALLER NO LICENSE OR INSURANCE YEP >>>>>>>>

8. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I do 10,000 sq ft lawns
    Mow
    trim
    edge
    and real busy!

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would imagine.

If you are lowballing though it will catch up with you.

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

nice posts KDJ

you always kick people when their down?

move up here my firm eats lowballers like you for breakfast.

i promise to hire you when you go under.