Need input on Accounting/Tracking/Invoicing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by o-so-n-so, Dec 26, 2004.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I am looking to tweak my set up. I currently use Gopher and Quickbook Pro 2004.

Currently Gopher is used to do the following: Schedule Jobs, Track jobs, Customer manager, Billing, Estimating large jobs, Track gross income.

Currently Quickbooks is used to do the following: Track income and expenses. This year I would put in customers names in QB as well.I want to get away from double logging customers.

Can I use QB to track income and expenses in a generic way? I mean without using customer names. I want QB to track in a way that I can go and see exactly what I spent in a givin service. Not so much as who I spent it on.

Would I be better off using the QB as my main managing source and Gopher to just schedule in a generic way?

I am looking for the easiest, fastest and best way to track while utilizing the reports in QB or Gopher. I have to be able to look at my numbers as I go because it is the way I manage my business.

What is the best way?
  2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anyone help? I am looking also for a 1stop software program.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i am 2????????????
  4. Mr. C

Mr. C LawnSite Member
    from Miami

Try Clip. If you use Quickbook you can transfer between the two.
  5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i 2nd that use clip specifically qclip it will save you tons of time and headache
  6. John'sMaint

John'sMaint LawnSite Member

I use gopher as you do & added medlin acct general ledger to use for tracking & bookeeping. www. you can download for free trial.
  7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

guys, are you sure that you can't do that in QB?

I mean, i have microsoft Money small business, and it tracks expenses, customer names and billing.....

the only thing i dont like is the fact that it does not do a FULL ACCOUNTING setup like an accounting firm. MS Money is to get you by, not like QB.

Call QB and ask them if you can do it.

How many customers do you have? why use Gopher and QB? can't you use only QB?
  8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Not quite sure what you want. Are you just looking for trends? You could graph that in Excel or do it in Open Office/Star Office. Is this for advertising projections ? What is it you are specifically trying to do?
  9. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Currently when I get a new customer I log all the information in Gopher because it is my "Scheduling" savy software. This is my main customer manager as well. Once I schedule, complete, invoice and recieve payment I am done with that customer (unless its a repeat job) in Gopher. So in a nutshell I track Customer, Schedule jobs and track gross income (not expenses). Now once I recieved payment on that customer tha paper work shifts to my wife and Quickbooks. She takes the payment, enters the customer information again (now twice Gopher and Quickbooks) and goes through the same in QB as I did in Gopher. But QB also tracks expenses for the business.

Can i use QB to track income and expenses without putting a name on the money recieved? I am doing this in Gopher. I want QB to track accounting stuff only. No customer names or nothing.

maybe im just stupid......... :dizzy:
  10. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Just got Quickbooks & already have gopher. I want to do the same thing o-so-n-so wantsto do. Everything Gopher tracks I do not want to track all over again in QB.
    Gopher breaks down spending per client, shows income for different services, etc
    Basically I want to track detailed income, profit loss sheets, balance sheets, stuff like that.