1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Input On Bed Edgers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassguy123, Apr 30, 2008.

1. grassguy123

grassguy123 LawnSite Member

i need input on mulch bed edging machines i heard brown made the best bed edgers.....i never used one...give me input...any problems....high maintanence?....what brand do you use....thanks
  2. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

i have done research and all i have ever gotten is you either love it or hate it.... I purchased one 2 days ago and it should be in tomorrow and hope to cut some serious footage.. I will let you know my input in a few daya

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a Little Wonder Bed Shaper. It probably does 10 miles of edging a year.
    My machine is four years old and still runs like new.
    You could search my posts for pics of the machine and the work it does.
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

EZ trench bedscaper here. We love it, weve used browns before too. Browns are better in rocky, hard soil, but not as maneuverable as the EZ. We just picked up a new one last week and they now have 4 wheels which helps with hillside stability too. No matter what one you get it is money well spent.
  5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont get a bed bug, within two commercial properties, we have been through 3 wheels and the tabs area breaking at the welds on the shield, one of which snapped of completely. Great machine if they put just a bit more into it, it would be fantastic!
  6. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

you should check out the trenchblade and see if it something that you could use to ger your job done without having to spend a lot of money an a big new machine
  7. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

Ease up Trenchblade, it seems your posts bring a thread to a screeching halt. If the guy is asking about a certain machine then your post does not help. Start giving out a free trial like Fluid Film, or at least do something about your bulk pricing. Buy 50 and save 60 cents per blade...come on.
  8. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think would be a fair price? Have you had a chance to try one out yet?
  9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. You should do a free sample like fluid film. Its not like one blade is all someone needs. If it doesn't work for them, odds are it will be worn out by time they determine that. I heard about fluid film and was a bit leary, then I got a free sample and a week later I ordered two 5 gallon drums of it at a cost of over $260. If it wasn't for that free sample, I would have never bought any of it.

I just bought a ten pack. But another suggestion, you REALLY need to get those redmax blades out. Whats the update on those trench blade??? All my stuff is redmax, and I bought the trench blade anyways, because I really needed it for a big job, and I just "made it fit" my edger. But I would rather have one that really does fit the edger.
  10. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I can buy the regular blades for $3 each. (you should open a thread for this instead of hijacking this one) I was thinking of taking a couple to the shop and bending them to make myself a trenchblade. If you gave out a free sample and stand by your product people will buy them. It is a product that last one maybe two jobs. If its good you will sell a lot of them. Goodluck