need input

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paul3251, May 14, 2006.

1. paul3251

paul3251 LawnSite Member

Ok sorry if this sounds like a repost.Would 30$ an hour sound right for residential lawns for just me mowing.i have been doing lawn service for a long time now thru another company.so i know what i need to know basically besdies estimates.we usually did commercial.i have a 52" walk behind lesco,a redmax back pack blower,stihl fs 80 weed whip,etc.please let me know all and any input.

2. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

bottom line is after all your expenses are you going to make money at $30 per hour and can your market area support it. only your know the answer

3. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

between 40-50 solo is my target for mowing. but if you can't get it the 30 is better then nothing. I would shoot for atleast 40.

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

You say for just mowing? Or are you talking trimming and edging and blowing as well? If it's all of the above, shoot a bit higher. Make sure, like stated above that you are covering everything (expenses, supplies, salary) that you need to. If not, your going to dig a big hole quick. Plus with the way gas prices are right now, again, shoot higher.

5. paul3251

paul3251 LawnSite Member

mow,trim,edge, blow.ok well thanks for your input guys

6. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

My area I try for $1 per minute...$60per hour. Havent been turned down yet. But it all depends on your area and your costs.