1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

need irrigation design software program

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by imon, Aug 29, 2001.

1. imon

imon LawnSite Member
    from pa

need irrigation design software program

what's good for residential and commercial for submittals
    and as-builts ?

is autocad good
    can it print large blueprints and small resident as-builts

HELP

Thanks

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Our irrigation engineer uses autocad.

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I use RainCAD. There is another from Eagle Point software. Although very good, AutoCAD has a huge learning curve. Less so for the others.

Largest project to date on RainCAD was an 85 acre retirement complex with about 15-20 irrigated acres and 4 wells. Base site was imported and converted from engineers AutoCAD v12 drawing.

I thought I'd set myself apart from the other contractors with it. However even though I'm in a high income area the people are generally cheap and stupid.

Needless to say I don't use it much. It did nothing for sales and added work to prepare a drawing for people who have gotten really bad about price shopping.

I also bought a program called IrriCalc from the RAinCAD people. Lets you do water cost and use projections as well as watering program for the season. Very nice, not expensive and is a stand alone product.