need jeep help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dstifel, Jan 7, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Alright guys the lady friend is looking at a 03 liberty about 150xxx on it has the 3.7 L. I told her to many miles but you know how arguing goes and it's her money. Anyway it will not crank has good battery and new starter. Now I haven't looked at it yet but what could it be so when I do I know what to look for:try. Any help will get me some serious brownie points and you know how hard those can be to acquire. Thanks guys

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Fuses
    Relays
    Ignition switch
    Wiring Harness

Any number of things, From the description/miles and issue...... You need to knock some sense into her and keep looking, My XJ was running when bought......

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you look at ignition switch

4. dstifel

Haven't looked at it at all yet. Only asking 2 grand for it so if it is something simple it could be a good buy and keep her happy for awhile. Problem is idk how to go about looking at it if I fix it before I buy it they will certainly want more money if not how do you know if it's easy or not?

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You won't know until you check it out, And if you don't know how/what to check you could be flushing money down the drain......

6. dstifel

See how I do know how but like I said if I fix it they will jack the price up

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Wait do you have a seized engine:hammerhead:

8. dstifel

No it's not even trying to turn over. Going to look at it this week and will report back with what I find.

9. dstifel

Gut feeling is a starter relay or ignition switch

10. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

pretty sure there is also a fuse in the underhood fuse box on those trucks for the starter .