Need Landscaper in N.C.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JLH, Sep 7, 2004.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I have been very impressed with Gary Alan who in the past had a program on HGTV entitled Designer's Landscape The program is no longer aired in my area.

My question is:
    Does anyone know of any Landscape Designer's or Designer Contractor in the N.C or S.C. area who design yards using basically the Gary Alan style.
    I've looked at lots of newly designed yards in my area in new pricey neighborhoods but nothing is very appealing,very little curb appeal, very few curves. Most lawns are square with straight lines, most look like an afterthought, when the money ran out.

I am located 50 miles south of Fayetteville, N.C. right off I-95. I'm only a few miles from the S.C. line

Any help or information would be much appreciated.

2. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

What is the "Gary Alan" style? Have you considering the services of a landscape designer? They might bring more of the design aspect that you seem to be looking for.

3. palmettolandscapes

palmettolandscapes LawnSite Member

Are you looking for the service, at your home? Or you looking for a designer to work on projects with you(presuming your a landscaper)?

4. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I'm looking for service for my home. The home was remodeled 10 years ago. The house was originally my father's homeplace where my grandmother lived until her death.

The yard had 50 years of accumilated variety if you know what I mean. I took a backhoe and removed all existing trees and schrubs, except for two dogwoods and one very large Japanese Maple. I have kept 75% of the ground sprayed with roundup to keep form having to deal with existing turf upon landscaping.

The house is located 100 yds. from highway on farm that I will inherit at the death of my father. The yard is probably slightly over an acre.

I will remove existing cement drive which was poured on top of old asphalt drive. I want a complete sprinkler system installed, all hardscape, probably use centipede sod on complete project. We are on the conservative side and not looking for anything overly elaborate. No straight lines, curves flowing smoothly making pleasing transitions form one area to the next inviting you to progress through and enjoy the beauty of the property.

Property has potential to be a garden of eden with the proper design.

I'm not necessiarlly looking for the cheapest or most expensive, but quality and experience that will ensure the desired result.

My wife and I are not what has been referred to in many post as a pain to get along with. I only want a top quality job that will represent the money being spent.

If you can be of further assistance feel free to reply. As I stated earlier I have always been impressed with the yards designed by Gary Alan from Designer's Landscape.

JLH