Need lead bars for WB front weights

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, May 4, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'm trying to find some lead bars to strap to the caster legs on my walkbehind to give a little more weight up front. The new proslide makes it want to wheelie up hills. I am having no luck finding lead anywhere.

Any suggestions on where to find it.

2. QuikKutLawn

QuikKutLawn LawnSite Member

The new JD hydro walks have front weights, check with your JD dealer... He should be able to order some and make them fit.
  3. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I just got a proslide for my HD45 and have the same problem... I saw a guy on here awhile ago mounted a few plastic covered barbell weights on the front of the mower.. said it worked good.. didnt look too bad with them painted black.
  4. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I just found some bell shaped anchors that I used to use on my boat that I am going to strap to the castor arms on the mower. Not the most attractive solution but should do the job for now. Each weight is 10 lbs so hopefully they will help.
  5. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

I have a Scag Turf Tiger 61 that came with a clamshell bagger. The bagger kit comes with a weight bar and a set of weight. The weights are U shaped (25# each).

I put a Toro Sulky on my 36" WB and with the it pulled up the front end bounces. I mounted on them on the Toro and it solved the problem.
  6. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

You could try to mount a piec of 3" or bigger PVC with end caps pipe across the front and filling it with sand. I have seen it done before and it works well.