Need Lebanon user tips

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Envy Lawn Service, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I had a lawn that was browning out earlier in the year during very steamy hot wet conditions. I could not find any definate total characteristics of any disease/fungus.

So in the abcense on a soil test or anything likewise, I "shot from the hip" with a 6% liquid iron application. The lawn recovered very quickly and greened back up with no other problems since.

Well recently it suddenly stopped raining and turned up to 95 degrees, steamy hot & wet again. Now it's coming back. So since I now almost exclusively use Lebanon products I was thinking of a quick Perk application. But it will soon be time to overseed and apply starter.....

So what do you guys with experience suggest? Perk now and which one of the starters? How long between or whatever you think?....

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should put this thread in the pesticide/fert applicators forum.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is it irrigated? You may have answered your own question with the statement. "Well recently it suddenly stopped raining and turned up to 95 degrees, steamy hot & wet again".
    It sounds like it may just need water. Don't let the humid conditions fool you. Everything feels moist, but it's just a surface thing. Try some good waterings that will also help cool the soil. Especially if this stuff has N in it, it is going to be more susceptible to heat stress.

4. Chad@LebanonTurf

Chad@LebanonTurf Inactive

Envy,

Please e-mail me with your questions. I am the Lebanon rep ion your area.
    thanks

5. squeaker

squeaker LawnSite Member

you need water and keep an eye out for any red thread that may start with the humid conditions,if any just hit it hard with some high nitrogen fert