need lesco plan

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by kawasaki guy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

Hi,

Can someone pease give me the best Lesco fert plan for NJ? (what mix like 18-0-4 or what) am switching to Lesco for my lawn, and the JDL website is no help, and want to know what to buy when I go to the local JDL place. And I need to know what size bags do they sell.

Thanks!

2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to a JDL rep. That's ehat they're there for.

3. kawasaki guy

Male, from S. New Jersey

And, do I need a pest. or fert license to buy it?

4. WenzelOSLLC

I think a license is only needed to BUY R.U.P.s but you usually can't APPLY it without a license; depends on the state.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

No license needed for your own lawn--if it is not your property--and it contains pre-emergent or weed control--then license needed.
    Fertilizer only--most states do not require a license. But wait--New Jersey requires fert license and certification also.
    http://profact.rutgers.edu/Pages/default.aspx

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Correct, in most states.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. kawasaki guy

Male, from S. New Jersey

Thanks! Will have to go to my local JDL and talk to the rep about fert. plan. And, Thanks for clarifying the buying requirements.

8. WenzelOSLLC

Good point on the homeowner vs biz. Never liked how that works.

9. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

However--Lesco/JDL may be very busy. If you lean on the counter and ask 20 questions and walk out with one bag of fertilizer, fine. But if there were 5 guys behind you cooling their heels as they were trying to buy 5 pallets each, they will be pissed and the Lesco guys will probably tell you that you that retail customers can now buy Lesco products at Home Depot. Ask your questions and pick up your products in the winter--slow time.