Need Machine Specifications - TORO.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Nov 16, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Ok. I need some specs for that old 36" of mine I got the other day. The model/serial number is 30112-90461. (From what i hear, the "90" means either year 1989-1990.)

I am needing a wiring diagram for all the external wires, (these are ripped and torn) for the relays and such on the handle bars area. I'm also needed a tech spec sheet for the transmission. Its a 4sp + N TECUMSEH TRANSMISSION. Also anything related the specifiction engine information that would work for this frame/deck. I need to get a new engine and a new clutch. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I will check my paperwork for you. I have a 2003 36". Give me until tomorrow night.

3. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

You can probably get all the information you need on the Toro Website. You need to go to "www.toro.com: and go to the Parts Viewer spot which you will find on the right side of the page. You will then be prompted for the Model Number. You will then see a listing of all the years by serial numbers. Yours appears to be a 1989 according to the serial number you listed. Two choices on the menu might be of interest to you. The Engine and Clutch Assembly will give you the wiring diagram you need. Also, you will see the section under the transmission which lists the transmission as a Tecumseh/Peerless Model 787. I found cheaper prices for the clutch from J. Thomas. You can find them under www.j-thomas.com and they have some diagrams as well. Putting this machine back together might run into some money, so price the parts out first. If you need any further help, you can write myself or my sons at "Timslawnservice@yahoo.com"

Hope this is of help.

4. EagleLandscape

Tried www.toro.com, but their records dont go back that far. ANy other help would be greatly appreciated. Unless someone wants to make me an offer on this mower:)

5. EagleLandscape

Ok got the info. But i couldnt locate which exact engine came with it. Now could I use any engine for this? the dealer wanted like 650 for an engine, and 218 for the clutch. just for parts, anyone know a better solution. provide links? thanks

6. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

According to Toro that mower came witha 12.5 Hp Kawasaki FB460V-DS08. Any comparable engine with the same shaft specs will work. Shop around for an engine and you will prolly' find a better price. Are you sure the clutch is bad? Clutches are hard to kill so I would replace all the electronic componenets first if you haven't already.

7. Craig Jones

You can get a 15hp Kohler engine with the 15 amp electrical system for $519.00 and an Ogura Electric Clutch model OR-6 for $169.99. Shipping would be extra. Find this on "www.j-thomas.com". I presume from your post you found the information you need on the Toro website. There might be some better prices from some other sites.

Hope this is of help.

8. Craig Jones

Also if you want to do this cheaply J-Thomas offers a Tecumseh replacement engine which is 16 hP for $479.33. I cannot vouch for the reliability of this engine though. It does have full pressure lubrication.

9. EagleLandscape

Looked up all the crap on toro.com but it doesnt say how much tranny fluid.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Bentonite grease for Peerless/Techumseh transmissions.

They're not worth rebuilding, as new are $170 ready to mow.