1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Magnamatic Mag 9000 Sharpener

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, May 6, 2004.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking to buy a Magnamatic Mag 9000 blade sharpener. I know I can buy one directly from Magnamatic but I don't want to pay retail ($580). Are there any other online venders out there that carry the Mag 9000 at a discounted price?
  2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Sometimes Magna-Matic lists items on eBay .... ID ' magna-matic '

I just checked and no current items but you can bookmark it for future reference.
  3. mowerman90

After ordering on May 8th and waiting because it was backordered, I finally got my Magna-matic blade sharpener today. I was currently using a Ruby Stone on a 2.5 HP Radial Arm Saw that I had converted into a blade sharpener. It worked OK , but this Magna-matic 9000 is faster, much more precise and DOESN'T TURN MY BLADES BLUE!!! I had heard that it sometimes takes a while to get stuff from Magna-matic but it was worth the wait. The place I ordered it from bent over backwards to keep me informed as to the progress of my order, even called me twice to update me on it's progress. That's what I call service. Plus I got it for less than what I would have had to pay had I ordered it through Magna-Matic. I'll post some pictures later of the beautiful job this thing does on my blades. I'm like a kid on Xmas morning!
  4. pryker

pryker LawnSite Member

So, where did ya order it from? I need to know!! :)
  5. mowerman90

Here's a shot of how well it'll put a razor sharp edge on a blade

6. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

is it really easy to get that good of an edge? or does it take some practice, how much easier than a bench/Angle grinders?
  7. mowerman90

Yes, it is that easy. Simply follow the instructions and lay the blade flat on the table and draw it back and forth a few times and "presto". You can shave with it!
  8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Well, where did the previous posts go?
  9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

You know exactly where it went. Don't play stupid. You know the rules. You know the circumstances around your post. You got any more questions or comments about this take it up with Sean.
  10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada